amazon

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My top Ten 90's movies Top 5) Schindler's List (1993) My Take


Schindler's List (1993)

I have watched numerous PBS documentaries about the Holocaust & many are truly moving. However I consider Spielberg Schindler’s List is most powerful movie on this subject. The actors’ performances were superb and the direction was breathtaking & the frank presentation of the violence and indifference of the Nazi officers is amazing. Perhaps the most intense scene is when the Schindler's Female workers are sent to Auschwitz instead of his camp. Again acting is fantastic; in particular I find Ralph Fiennes' portrayal of Nazi Camp commandant is truly stunning. The black & white cinematography is apt for this kind of violence movie & it is truly spectacular. Overall, this is a must see movie for all people interested in history. Some people say it is manipulative movie but for me it is one prospective of a Holocaust subject and truth.

No comments: