amazon

Sunday, December 23, 2007

First Blood (1982) Brief movie review


Starring: Sylvester Stallone
Directed by: Ted Kotcheff, Conrad Palmisano

Few days back, I watched forth coming Rambo installment trailer. Felt like I need to watch the first part. When I was teenager, this movie was huge huge hit & I liked it a lot for its action. Brought the DVD from the library& watched it again. In one line, it is about a troubled Vietnam Special Forces commando gets plenty even with small town Americans, idiots?, for not appreciating his service to his country? I was shocked, surprised, to find that it was not an all out action movie but rather a drama & good commentary on the effects of Vietnam War with good dose of action. Like Rocky movie, subsequent sequels turned Rambo in to action machine but still I feel, Rambo 1st part was a classic with soul in it.


No comments: