amazon

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My top Ten 90's movies Top 9) Titanic(1997) My take


Titanic(1997)

There are few movies which lives & beats the hype & high expectations. Titanic is one of them. Incidentally Titanic is my first movie in US on screen. I watched couple of James Cameron movies before this one & I have very high expectation on this movie. It was all time big budget film at that time & hype & publicity reached new scale with this movie. This is one of the most watched movies on this planet so I will not write more about this movie. A near perfect background for dramatic tragic lovestory. With Superb costumes, cast, near perfect screenplay & very rich production values, Titanic is one of the most impressive films of all time.
The sinking itself is one of the great set pieces in all of cinema. We know the outcome of the event before we even walk into the film, but Cameron manages to craft a scene this is tense, horrific, and suspensful. He flawlessly manages the huge set he has built, the thousands of extras, and his digital integration is seamless. Also another great plus point is its great & massive success of its music. First time I saw lot of people crying in the theater. Definitely a great first movie experience in US. I watched one more time after first viewing.

1 comment:

Oscar1986 said...

I did not like Titanic :(...